Promotion of vocations to the priesthood and religious life starts local - in the family and in the parish. The Vocations Office of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis provides a variety of resources to help parents, families, parishes, and schools create a culture in which young people are natually open to whatever vocation God calls them to.
In addition to the resources found on the pages to the left, the Vocations Office provides:
- Assistance to parishes to establish or revitalize a Parish Vocations Committee
- Speakers for schools, youth ministry programs, religious education programs, and other groups of young people on the priesthood and religious life
- Consultation on holding parish or school level discernment programs
- Information on forming discernment groups
- Visits to seminarians and religious communities
- Presence of priests, seminarians, and religious at retreats and parish gatherings of youth and young adults